MEC 27.5″ wheels are designated specially for Mountain bike DH, Enduro, AM & XC riding discipline
- Mad Elk Carbon 27.5 rims
- Tubeless Ready
- Industry Nine hubs: Front 15 or 20 mm
Rear 12 x 142 mm
- Sealed bearings
- 9,10 an 11 speed compatible ( XD free-hub optional )
- Sapim CX Ray spokes Black
- Sapim Polyax Nipples
- Weight per set 1480 g +/- 15 g
- 1 year of Warranty
- Any time crash replacement program
Our Enduro carbon rims offer a weight saving and great level of strength and stiffness yet better as aluminium. When We where choosing the right product it had to reach our highest expectations of mountain biking abuse. We spent a countless hours learning and understanding the processes involved in manufacturing carbon rims so we could ensure absolute quality and safety. The rims what have passed numerous testing, and variety of simulations of stress even greater than in real conditions. We are very confident in built quality and strength gained with the latest manufacturing process updates.
Material: full carbon Toray T700
Spoke Hole: 32 h
Inner width 24 mm
Outer width: 30 mm
Max weight limit 120 kg
Max tyre pressure 40 psi
Finish: Matte or glossy
Weave: UD or 3K or 12K
Carbon rim procedure technology improvements:
- Changed from the past three-pieces lay-up to one-piece carbon layer lay-up, making the carbon fibre continuous and stronger.
- Removed the curing carbon ring, improved the spoke hole tension and make the rim weight lighter.
- Removed the big square hole on rim bed, and used a small round hole instead, the strength of rim is much improved.
- Applying totally new layup schedule to make the carbon fibre go smooth around corn areas, making the rims stronger.
- After half year testing and riders feedback, rims with new process are proved to be significantly much stronger & stable.